Tork, an Essity brand, pioneered the first data-driven cleaning solution in 2014. Back then, few people had given serious thought about how digital solutions could help maximize operational efficiency and allow cleaning teams to spend more time on critical tasks that improve patient outcomes. Now, the pandemic has put an even sharper focus on infection prevention and reducing Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) in healthcare cleaning, which has meant even more cleaning for already busy cleaning teams. Together with staffing issues, new and even stricter cleaning protocols and additional reporting duties, this development has left managers with expectations to perform more work than ever – with the same, or even less, resources.
Tork has unrivaled experience in data-driven cleaning with hundreds of satisfied customers, and now the company is introducing an enhanced offer called Tork Vision Cleaning. By digitalizing cleaning systems, Healthcare EVS and Cleaning Managers can use real-time data to understand when and where there are cleaning needs in their facilities. This increases operational efficiency and saves staff time that can be devoted to more hygiene-critical cleaning. According to data collected from existing Tork customers, switching to data-driven cleaning has helped:
- Save up 20% of cleaning hours1 and use additional time to address more critical tasks
- Make sure dispensers are stocked 99% of the time2 - with stocked dispensers means hygiene supplies are available to support hand hygiene.
- Reduce dispenser checks by 91%, saving hundreds of staff hours each year3
- Achieve up to 30% higher customer satisfaction4
“Over the years, our customers have realized that data-driven cleaning brings many more benefits beyond smarter staffing, faster resolution times and optimal cleaning frequencies”, said Charishma Kothari, Services and Solutions Director at Essity’s professional hygiene business. “Using the insights gained from real-time data has meant that they’ve been able to transform their entire way of working and achieve better results by empowering their cleaners to work smarter and more efficiently. In a current customer survey, 100% said data-driven cleaning helps them improve hygiene in their facility while 85% said it helped them support a safer environment during COVID-19.5”
Upgrading has never been easier
Depending on the needs and requirements of their facility, customers can choose between three data-driven cleaning offers to best suit their specific cleaning operations. Tork Vision Cleaning uses people counters and connected dispensers to give cleaners and managers access to real-time data regarding immediate cleaning needs. Included is everything managers need to make data-driven cleaning an integrated part of their operations:
- Hardware in the form of people counters, gateways and the market’s largest selection of Internet of Things (IoT) connected dispensers with a broad selection of refills to accommodate the needs of any facility
- Facility management software that displays the collected real-time data on desktops, tablets or smart phones and facilitates easy reporting and other administrative tasks.
- An Onboarding and Success Program which includes installation, training, support and evaluation of the business value.
Adds Kothari. “One hundred percent of our customers said they would recommend our digital solution - proving its true value. Tork Vision Cleaning has significantly helped them with sustainable hygiene management during the pandemic and in preparing for the future, get staffing right and adapting to stricter requirements.”