Philadelphia, PA – May 5, 2015 – Today, Essity, the producer of the Tork brand of Away-from-Home professional hygiene products, announces the launch of a new extremely low-lint wiper for technical cleaning tasks involving sensitive surfaces. Designed to meet the needs of clients in lint and static electricity-sensitive industries such as electronics, aircraft manufacturing, printing, vehicle painting and food processing, the Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth delivers extremely low-lint cleaning, certified anti-static properties, excellent solvent use and a high absorption capacity of oil and water.
“At Essity, many of our innovations come directly from customer experience feedback. When our customers who work with highly sensitive surfaces told us low-lint should be as close to no lint as possible, we got to work,” said Trevor Kelley, product manager for Essity’s Away from Home Professional Hygiene business in North America. “The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth answers this need, enabling professionals to easily achieve pristine results.”
Purpose-based design for a variety of industries
Offering softness, strength, absorbency and low-linting, the Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth is designed to improve the process of cleaning, sanitizing or disinfecting sensitive components, tools and surfaces across a range of industries:
- Electronics: Cleaning and polishing exterior casings and interior parts requires a strong and soft solution that leaves no residues. Suitable for use in an electrostatic protective area, this wiper will help prevent harmful static discharge.
- Aircraft manufacturing: Tested to Aerospace Material Specifications (AMS) 3819C, this cloth delivers the precise cleaning required for interlocking parts, as well as a polished look with no dye.
- Print Shops: In an environment where preparing of surfaces for print can make the difference between a perfect job and a reorder, this cloth’s absorbency and low-linting make the shop experience much smoother.
- Food processing: These facilities benefit from the clean “finishing touch” this wiper provides on equipment and countertops, as well as absorbency for working with water, solvents, sanitizers, and disinfectants.
- Vehicle Painting: When a “showroom look” is essential, vehicle painting companies can rely on the Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth for exterior cleaning and polishing.
Tested and approved for professional excellence
The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth has been designed and tested to meet the low-lint standards of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the world's largest automotive and aerospace standards setting body. Testing was conducted by the University of Dayton Research Institute. Additional testing performed by the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden shows that the cloth meets anti-static standards and is therefore suitable for Electrostatic Protective Area environments. Moreover, it is solvent suitable, performing well in chemical reaction testing with the American Standard Test Method ASTM D-543.
The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth is available in May 2015. To learn more or to sign up for a free trial, visit www.talktork.com
The Tork brand offers professional hygiene products and services to customers ranging from restaurants and healthcare facilities to offices, schools and industries. Products include dispensers, paper towels, toilet tissue, soap, napkins, and industrial and kitchen wipers. Through expertise in hygiene, functional design and sustainability, Tork has become a market leader. Tork is a global brand of Essity, and a committed partner to customers in over 80 countries. To keep up with the latest Tork news and innovations, please visit: torkusa.com or tork.ca.
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company that develops, produces and sells Personal Care (Baby Care, Feminine Care, Incontinence Products and Medical Solutions), Consumer Tissue and Professional Hygiene products and solutions. More information at www.essity.com
Essity delivers sustainable solutions with added value for our customers from safe, resource efficient and environmentally sound sourcing, production and development. Recent third party accreditations for the Essity sustainability work include Dow Jones Sustainability Index 2013, the WWF Environmental Paper Company Index 2013, and Ethisphere – World’s Most Ethical Companies 2014.